And The Next Project Is..... The A3-21 Plasma Rifle

Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2010 by Ryan Palser in
6

Well, now that the AER9 Laser Rifle is finished, I have officially started on my next project.  Next up is the A3-21 Plasma Rifle.  This gun is also from Fallout 3.  I enjoyed building the laser rifle so much with all the gritty weathering and character that I have decided to build another weapon from the Fallout universe.  For those unfamiliar with the game or this rifle, it is far more complex then the AER9.  One thing I will be doing differently with this one is that the A3-21 will be getting the full electronics treatment, complete with illuminated plasma chambers.  The final game model of this weapon is a little lacking in detail so I will be building mine based off of one of the concept sketches from the Fallout art book.  Below is the sketch of what this gun will look like.  I have drawn up a set of blueprints and have begun the construction of the main chambers.



With this project I will be documenting my build process as I progress.  So there will be plenty of updates to come!

6 comments:

  1. Alan says:

    This looks like a great project. Can't wait to see more on this. I am currently designing a Pipboy-4000 concept. I have roughly a year to finish a few of them and some Vault-tec jumpsuits with a few weapons for a convention next year. If this design seems possible for me I may take some of your tips.

  1. Anonymous says:

    needs some blue prints

  1. do you have blueprints for this and instructions on how to make this?

  1. Sorry,no blueprints at the moment. As far as instructions. It is by no means a complete step by step but I have a write up here on how I built this. Try reading through it.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hi i am a french prop men working for television and movie. I found your work here and found it very interesting. i my self for a private show, i'a bulding a similar gun base somehow on the lazer rifle off the fallout game serie. If i had a way to post the picture i took i would show you. May bye soon i we'll post a link, with you permission on your page. !!!

  1. Post away! I'd love to see it